[PCA] Early flower of our Spring Flora

Peter Bernhardt peter.bernhardt at slu.edu
Thu Jul 1 10:29:15 CDT 2021

If our Spring Flora is blooming earlier due to climate change does this effect pollination and seed set rates in our most iconic woodland flowers? See link...

https://source.wustl.edu/2021/03/yes-spring-flowers-are-blooming-earlier-it-might-confuse-bees/
[https://source.wustl.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_8858_1200_crop2.jpg]<https://source.wustl.edu/2021/03/yes-spring-flowers-are-blooming-earlier-it-might-confuse-bees/>
Yes, spring flowers are blooming earlier. It might confuse bees. | The Source | Washington University in St. Louis<https://source.wustl.edu/2021/03/yes-spring-flowers-are-blooming-earlier-it-might-confuse-bees/>
More species are blooming at the same time than in the past. Matthew Austin, biodiversity postdoctoral fellow with the Living Earth Collaborative at Washington University in St. Louis, is studying how changes in flower timing affect ecological and evolutionary dynamics of pollination systems.
source.wustl.edu