[PCA] SAVE THE DATE: Plant Conservation Alliance e-Meeting, March 10 , 2020, 2-4pm ET, with invited speaker Dr. Thomas R. Easley of Yale University

Park, Margaret E margaret_park at fws.gov
Mon Feb 22 16:54:30 CST 2021

Please save the date for our second Plant Conservation Alliance general meeting for the year 2021 -- held remotely and open to all -- on Wednesday, March 10, 2020, from 2:00 - 4:00 pm ET. Join us in welcoming Dr. Thomas R. Easley, Assistant Dean of Community and Inclusion at the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.

***PLEASE RSVP TO ATTEND THIS MEETING – SEE BELOW***

What will you learn?

Diversity is challenging to accomplish, but its not impossible. While some see diversity as a tool for solutions and making society better, it is still moving slowly when we assess its progress socially. Environmental disciplines and academic institutions are uniquely positioned to address diversity, equity and inclusion globally. However, where do we start and when do we know we've accomplished our goals?

About our Speaker:

Dr. Thomas R. Easley has spent most of his career as a diversity professional and a forester. As a diversity professional he has focused on the recruitment, retention, and diverse talent in natural resource disciplines. As a forester he has worked with landowners and citizens on land management and stewardship. Easley earned his undergraduate degree in Forest Science from Alabama A&M University, his master’s degree in Forest Genetics from Iowa State University, and his doctorate in Adult Education from NC State University.
Easley served as the Diversity Director of the College of Natural Resources at NC State University where he taught courses, advised students, and supported faculty and staff on programming ensuring they are inclusive to all populations. Now as the Assistant Dean of Community and Inclusion at the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, he combines his professions along with his passions of art and ministry to lead the diversity efforts in the school.

***TO ATTEND THIS MEETING, PLEASE***

RSVP by ​Friday, March 5 to margaret_park at fws.gov

The meeting login details will be shared with all respondents via calendar invite and email by Tuesday, March 9.

This meeting will be hosted using Microsoft Teams. You will be able to join the meeting from the web or via the Microsoft Teams app<https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads>.

***More information about the presentation is available on our PCA Meetings page<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.plantconservationalliance.org%2Fmeetings&data=04%7C01%7Cmargaret_park%40fws.gov%7C54f9b4f4003947effea408d8d7735348%7C0693b5ba4b184d7b9341f32f400a5494%7C0%7C0%7C637496237609173683%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=3JO0zuDuvM4Tr2IcMqzNgOkIXDKae2ykZVGwvBlsWbU%3D&reserved=0>.***

The PCA general meetings are open to everyone and follow this format:

>Updates on PCA Activities - learn about and get engaged in the Plant Conservation Alliance

>Invited Speaker – a topical presentation to explore any of the six focal areas identified in the PCA National Framework for Progress<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.blm.gov%2Fsites%2Fblm.gov%2Ffiles%2Fprograms_natural-resources_native-plant-communities_national-seed-strategy_pca_Framework_6.11.2020.pdf&data=04%7C01%7Cmargaret_park%40fws.gov%7C54f9b4f4003947effea408d8d7735348%7C0693b5ba4b184d7b9341f32f400a5494%7C0%7C0%7C637496237609173683%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=28cnooWaOzPRTqhQnACwmHtfctzYIj9g0a5mFFVkNco%3D&reserved=0>: collaborative conservation; education; restoration; research and development; sustainability; and information sharing

>Native Plants Roundtable - all participants are encouraged to share information on national native plant events and activities

— This meeting is brought to you by the Plant Conservation Alliance Speaker Organizing Team— Gary Krupnick (Smithsonian Institution) / Anne Frances (NatureServe) / Ray Mims (U.S. Botanic Garden) / Krissa Skogen (Chicago Botanic Garden) / Michelle Turton (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service) / Maggie Park (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service)