[PCA] Job Opportunities: Institute for Applied Ecology (Corvallis, OR)

Carolyn Menke carolyn at appliedeco.org
Mon Feb 15 19:13:56 CST 2021

Institute for Applied Ecology is currently hiring two full time and
year-round positions based in our Corvallis, Oregon Office.  Click on each
position below for details and instructions on how to apply or visit
https://appliedeco.org/get-involved/jobs/ for more information. Please
share widely!

·         Conservation Research Program Director
<https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/IAE-Conservation-Research-Program-Director-Job-Announcement.pdf>
- IAE is seeking a Program Director to manage our Conservation Research
Program. The Program works with partners throughout the western US to
enhance the restoration and conservation of native habitats and species.
Our overall goal is to conduct research leading to efficient, long term
conservation and restoration of native species and habitats and communicate
our findings through planning and outreach. This Program Director currently
supervises four year-round staff and multiple seasonal staff locally and in
remote areas of Oregon, Idaho and California. The Program Director is
responsible for all aspects of program administration, including
fundraising, development and management of many project budgets,
contracting, project coordination and implementation, and outreach through
presentations, technical reports, peer-reviewed publications, and
nontechnical communications.

·         Plant Materials Coordinator
<https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/IAE-Plant-Materials-Coordinator-2-Job-Announcement.pdf>
- IAE is seeking to hire a Plant Materials Coordinator 2 to lead native
seed collection and plant materials related projects and manage IAE’s
native seed inventory as part of the Plant Materials team. Projects will
occur in Oregon’s Willamette Valley, the Coast Range, central and eastern
Oregon, and northern California. Seed collection and plant materials
management will support the conservation, restoration and recovery of rare
plants, wildlife and habitats throughout these areas.

*About Us:  *The Institute for Applied Ecology <https://appliedeco.org/>
(IAE) is a dynamic nonprofit organization founded in 1999 whose mission is
to conserve native species and habitats through restoration, research and
education. We fill a unique niche among nonprofits and work with a diverse
group of partners including federal, state and county agencies and
municipalities, and other conservation nonprofits to accomplish our
mission. We maintain an open and convivial office environment with
approximately 28 regular staff in our main office in Corvallis, OR and our
branch office in Santa Fe, NM.  We are committed to diversity and equity in
our workplace and the communities we serve.  Please see our mission and
diversity statements <https://appliedeco.org/about/mission/>.

Thank you!

Carolyn

*Carolyn MenkeDeputy Director*

*she/her pronouns*

*563 SW Jefferson Ave, Corvallis OR 97333Office: (541) 753-3099 ext 702*
*Cell: (541) 730-3370*

*www.appliedeco.org <http://www.appliedeco.org/>*
*Follow us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/Applied.Ecology/> and Instagram