[PCA] Job Announcement: 2022 Seasonal positions with the Institute for Applied Ecology

Tom Kaye tom at appliedeco.org
Fri Dec 10 18:45:38 CST 2021

*Do you love plants and wildlife? Are you inspired by hands-on work
conserving and restoring threatened and endangered species and restoring
critical habitats? The Institute for Applied Ecology is hiring multiple
seasonal positions for our 2022 field season!*

*ABOUT US:* The Institute for Applied Ecology <https://appliedeco.org/>
(IAE), a non-profit organization, has been actively engaged in the
conservation of native species and habitats through restoration, research,
and education for over 20 years. We fill a unique niche in this field by
working with a diverse group of partners including federal, state and
county agencies and municipalities to accomplish our mission. We maintain
an open and convivial office environment with approximately 24 regular
staff in our main office in Corvallis, OR and field office in Santa Fe, NM.

*POSITION DESCRIPTION*: IAE is hiring up to 25 seasonal staff to work a
variety of conservation biology, restoration ecology and seed collection
positions in Oregon (2 positions in Idaho). Seasonal positions include Crew
Lead and Technician positions on projects involving botanical surveys,
habitat restoration, seed collection, population monitoring, entomological
surveys, pollination studies, and/or other ecological measurements.
Positions start between late March and early May.

*AVAILABLE POSITIONS:*

   - Conservation Research Crew Lead
   <https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-Conservation-Research-Crew-Lead-Announcement.pdf>
   - Conservation Research Technician
   <https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-Conservation-Research-Technician-Announcement.pdf>
   - Idaho Rare Plant Survey Crew Lead
   <https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-ID-Rare-Plant-Survey-Crew-Lead-Announcement.pdf>
   - Idaho Rare Plant Survey Technician
   <https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-ID-Rare-Plant-Survey-Technician-Announcement.pdf>
   - Prairie Oak Inventory Crew Lead
   <https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-POI-Crew-Lead-Announcement.pdf>
   - Prairie Oak Inventory Technician
   <https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-POI-Technician-Announcement.pdf>
   - Willamette Valley Pollinator Crew Lead
   <https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-Willamette-Valley-Pollinator-Crew-Lead-Announcement.pdf>
   - Willamette Valley Pollinator Technician
   <https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-Willamette-Valley-Pollinator-Technician-Announcement.pdf>
   - Willamette Valley Seed Collection Technician
   <https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-Willamette-Valley-Seed-Collection-Technician.pdf>
   - Willamette Valley Sensitive Species Inventory Crew Lead
   <https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-Willamette-Valley-Sensitive-Species-Crew-Leader-Announcement.pdf>
   - Willamette Valley Sensitive Species Inventory Technician
   <https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-Willamette-Valley-Sensitive-Species-Technician-Announcement.pdf>

*COMPENSATION*: $18.00-$22.00/hr depending on position and experience, plus
travel expenses associated with overnight field work (food and lodging).
Housing is not provided. These are full-time temporary positions with paid
holidays and sick leave.

*VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: In compliance with federal guidelines, IAE has a
mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy. All employees are required to submit
proof of vaccination prior to employment. Applicants may request exceptions
and reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons. Any offer
of employment will be contingent on complying with this policy.

*TO APPLY:* Please visit https://appliedeco.org/get-involved/jobs/ for
individual job descriptions and application details! Applications are due
no later than *Sunday, January 2, 2022*.

*IAE supports diversity and equity, and we encourage applications from all
groups of people. We recognize that the strength of IAE is in our people,
and we believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings
that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment. IAE
does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices,
and our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to every aspect
of the employment relationship.*

Studies have shown that Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC),
women and other marginalized groups are less likely to apply for jobs
unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described
in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate
for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less
traditional background. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you
to think broadly about your background and qualifications for the role.