[PCA] WEBINAR: Lessons from Plants - A conversation with Beronda Montgomery; Apr 6, 2021; 11 AM ET

Carr, Amanda (Mandie) N ancarr at blm.gov
Thu Apr 1 12:59:44 CDT 2021

WEBINAR: Lessons from Plants - A conversation with Beronda Montgomery

*Webinar date/time: Tuesday April 6, 2021;  11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET

*Duration: 1 hour

*What will you learn?

We've invited Beronda Montgomery to join us to celebrate and discuss the publication of her book, Lessons from Plants. This fascinating book combines Beronda's two research interest: how plants explore and optimize their environments to grow and thrive, and how lessons from plants can help us as we make our way through life and form social structures that support the progress of others. We'll discuss Beronda's own life path, how she came to study plants and the science of mentoring, her advocacy work, and what we can learn from plants.

*Presenter: Beronda Montgomery is a Foundation Professor at Michigan State University in the departments of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology and Microbiology & Molecular Genetics. The Montgomery Lab pursues a common research theme of understanding how individuals perceive, respond to, and are impacted by the environments in which they exist. Primary research efforts of the group are focused on the responses of photosynthetic organisms to external light cues. Additionally, Montgomery pursues this theme in the context of effective mentoring in research environments. Beronda is a Fellow of the American Academy of Microbiology and the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and has recently being named one of Cell's 100 Inspiring Black Scientists in America<http://crosstalk.cell.com/blog/100-inspiring-black-scientists-in-america>.

*Details and registration: https://plantae.org/lessons-from-plants-a-conversation-with-beronda-montgomery/

*Webinar hosted by: Plantae (powered by The American Society of Plant Biologists)