[PCA] EVENT: 4th Annual Mycelium Mysteries: A Women's Mushroom [virtual] Retreat (September 25-27, 2020) – registration open

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Fri Sep 11 08:54:52 CDT 2020

What will you learn?
This weekend-long women's retreat will focus on understanding fungi as the Grandmothers of our ecosystems. Silently shaping the soil beneath our feet, fungi are key players in the health of Earth and trajectory of human culture around the globe. Still, we find ourselves in a time where the study of fungi is considered to be a neglected megascience, their mycelium, a mystery. It is our goal to help modern women connect with the roles and wisdom of our female ancestors who always maintained and shared their visceral understanding of the Fungal Queendom.

Workshops will be offered at the beginner through advanced levels, and include topics in wild mushroom skills, fungal ecology, fungi and human health, and ethnomycology. This is a place to share knowledge and get comfortable with using our mycological skills in a supportive, fungal community!

Keynote speaker: Guiliana Furci

- Giuliana Maria Furci George-Nascimento has been devoted to mycology since 1999. Her inescapable drive to study Chile’s fungi has led her to travel the country looking for fungal fruit bodies in different environments and ecosystems. She has authored and contributed to many publications on Chilean biodiversity, including the only book on Chilean fungi that includes pictures of species in their natural habitat.

Registration:

Early (before Sept 15): $99

- with online content access: $140

Regular (Sept 15-25): $125

- with online content access: $169

More info and to register: https://www.midwestwomensherbal.com/mushrooms

This event is sponsored by Midwest Women’s Herbal.

https://www.midwestwomensherbal.com/