[PCA] NEW Master of Science specialization in Sustainability and Development (University of Michigan School for Environment and Sustainability)

Carr, Amanda (Mandie) N ancarr at blm.gov
Tue Oct 27 18:29:36 CDT 2020

>From Kim Elliott, Director of Academic Programs at University of Michigan School for Environment and Sustainability:

The Master of Science program at the University of Michigan School for Environment and Sustainability (SEAS) now includes an additional specialization focused on sustainability and development.

Apply today for the Sustainability and Development (SusDev) specialization that launches Fall 2021.

Sustainability and development pose unprecedented challenges for people and the planet. The world needs professionals with the insights and training to tackle those problems. Our new SusDev specialization<https://api.targetx.com/email-interact/redirect?id=MTEwMDAwMzM1IDcwMTJJMDAwMDAxSm1NS1FBMCBhMDgySTAwMDAxVWF4ZFdRQVIgMDAzMkkwMDAwMzhlb0hwUUFJ&link=https%3A//seas.umich.edu/academics/master-science/sustainability-and-development&tlink=aHR0cHM6Ly9zZWFzLnVtaWNoLmVkdS9hY2FkZW1pY3MvbWFzdGVyLXNjaWVuY2Uvc3VzdGFpbmFiaWxpdHktYW5kLWRldmVsb3BtZW50> will help students understand, analyze, and address the greatest challenges facing humanity, including poverty, hunger, climate change, diseases and pandemics, biodiversity loss, access to clean water, and inequality.

With an in-depth focus on understanding the United Nations' 17 Sustainable Development Goals<https://api.targetx.com/email-interact/redirect?id=MTEwMDAwMzM1IDcwMTJJMDAwMDAxSm1NS1FBMCBhMDgySTAwMDAxVWF4ZFdRQVIgMDAzMkkwMDAwMzhlb0hwUUFJ&link=https%3A//www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/&tlink=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudW4ub3JnL3N1c3RhaW5hYmxlZGV2ZWxvcG1lbnQv>-which increasing numbers of global organizations and governments have adopted-the SusDev specialization will help you:

  *   Develop multidisciplinary expertise in conceptual and theoretical issues associated with sustainability and development
  *   Understand the real-world practices that have helped improve the core areas of well-being and have supported major sustainability transitions through new institutions, policies, and behaviors
  *   Learn the methods and skills necessary to implement new visions and practices for greater sustainability and well-being

By completing the SusDev specialization, you will become uniquely prepared to meet the rapidly growing need for trained professionals and researchers across the spectrum of sustainability and development sectors at local, national, and global scales.

We invite you to learn more about this specialization during a special Sustainability and Development Program Webinar on Friday, November 20th at 12pm ET. Dr. Arun Agrawal, the Samuel Trask Dana Professor at SEAS and the SusDev specialization co-coordinator along with SEAS faculty member and specialization co-coordinator Bilal Butt, will be available to answer your questions.

Register for webinar here: https://api.targetx.com/email-interact/redirect?id=MTEwMDAwMzM1IDcwMTJJMDAwMDAxSm1NS1FBMCBhMDgySTAwMDAxVWF4ZFdRQVIgMDAzMkkwMDAwMzhlb0hwUUFJ&link=https%3A//seas.umich.edu/assets/FORMS/11_20_SUS_DEV_WEBINAR.html&tlink=aHR0cHM6Ly9zZWFzLnVtaWNoLmVkdS9hc3NldHMvRk9STVMvMTFfMjBfU1VTX0RFVl9XRUJJTkFSLmh0bWw%3D

In the meantime, view these SusDev FAQs<https://api.targetx.com/email-interact/redirect?id=MTEwMDAwMzM1IDcwMTJJMDAwMDAxSm1NS1FBMCBhMDgySTAwMDAxVWF4ZFdRQVIgMDAzMkkwMDAwMzhlb0hwUUFJ&link=https%3A//seas.umich.edu/new-specialization-and-re-naming-specializations%23section1&tlink=aHR0cHM6Ly9zZWFzLnVtaWNoLmVkdS9uZXctc3BlY2lhbGl6YXRpb24tYW5kLXJlLW5hbWluZy1zcGVjaWFsaXphdGlvbnMjc2VjdGlvbjE%3D> or contact one of our SEAS Admissions Coaches at seas-admissions at umich.edu<mailto:seas-admissions at umich.edu?subject=Requesting%20information%20about%20graduate%20programs%20at%20U-M%20SEAS&body=Hello%20SEAS%20Admissions%20team%2C%20%0A%0AI%27m%20interested%20in%20learning%20more%20about%20the%20graduate%20programs%20at%20the%20University%20of%20Michigan%20School%20for%20Environment%20and%20Sustainability.%20%0A> for additional information.

P.S. The Fall 2021 applications for SEAS<https://api.targetx.com/email-interact/redirect?id=MTEwMDAwMzM1IDcwMTJJMDAwMDAxSm1NS1FBMCBhMDgySTAwMDAxVWF4ZFdRQVIgMDAzMkkwMDAwMzhlb0hwUUFJ&link=https%3A//rackham.umich.edu/admissions/applying/&tlink=aHR0cHM6Ly9yYWNraGFtLnVtaWNoLmVkdS9hZG1pc3Npb25zL2FwcGx5aW5nLw%3D%3D> are now open! There is no application fee to apply and the GRE is no longer required/accepted for our master's programs.