[PCA] Job: Plant Materials Program Director

Tom Kaye tom at appliedeco.org
Wed Nov 11 11:23:03 CST 2020

 Are you an experienced professional with expertise in native plants, their
production, and use in habitat restoration? If so, this may be the job for
you.
The Institute for Applied Ecology is hiring a Program Director for our
Plant Materials Program.

*Position*:  Program Director, Plant Materials Program
*Office location*:  Corvallis, Oregon
*Status*:  Regular, full time
*Compensation*:  $26.42-$33.00, depending on experience, plus competitive
benefits package (health insurance, 401k, paid time off, etc.).
*Closing date*:  November 27, 2020.

Click here for full announcement and application instructions
<https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/Plant-Materials-Program-Director-Job-Announcement-11-8-20.pdf>
.

*About Us*:  The Institute for Applied Ecology (IAE) is a dynamic nonprofit
organization founded in 1999 whose mission is to conserve native species
and habitats through restoration, research and education. We fill a unique
niche among nonprofits and work with a diverse group of partners including
federal, state and county agencies and municipalities to accomplish our
mission. We maintain an open and convivial office environment with
approximately 24 regular staff in our main office in Corvallis, OR and
branch office in Santa Fe, NM.  We are committed to diversity and equity in
our work place and the communities we serve.  Please see our mission and
diversity statements.

*Position Summary*:  IAE is seeking a Program Director with a diverse skill
set to manage our Plant Materials Program.  This program works in all areas
of native plant and seed production, from wildland seed collection to
agricultural production, and partnership coordination through outreach to
professionals and the public.  The Plant Materials Program Director manages
IAE’s native plant farm, wild seed collection activities, native seed
partnerships in Oregon, and the Native Seed Network website.  This position
also coordinates the production of the National Native Seed Conference.
Our farm facilities are located in Corvallis, Oregon, and include seed
production for restoration of habitats (e.g. prairie, coastal grassland),
and conservation and recovery of rare plants (e.g., Nelson’s checkermallow
and Bradshaw’s lomatium) and wildlife (e.g., Fender’s blue butterfly and
streaked horned lark) using a variety of plant materials.  IAE works with
agencies to collect wild seed for conservation and increase, hiring and
coordinating seed collection staff in Oregon and elsewhere.  This program
serves a coordination role for the Willamette Valley Native Plant
Partnership and the Coastal Native Seed Partnership in Oregon, and manages
the Native Seed Network including its website (www.nativeseednetwork.org)
and national conference.  This Program Director supervises up to five staff.

*Click below for the job announcement and application instructions:*
https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/Plant-Materials-Program-Director-Job-Announcement-11-8-20.pdf

Thanks!
Tom
--

*Tom Kaye, PhDExecutive Director*

*Institute for Applied Ecology*

*He / Him / His <https://www.mypronouns.org/>*

563 SW Jefferson Ave, Corvallis, Oregon 97333-4602
541-753-3099 ext. 777     www.appliedeco.org  <http://www.appliedeco.org>
Follow us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Applied.Ecology/> and
Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/applied_ecology/>!

Associate Professor (courtesy)
Dept. of Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University