[PCA] JOB OPPTY: Curator, Seeds of Success National Collection (ID) (May 30, 2020)

Leah Prescott LPrescott at chicagobotanic.org
Tue Mar 3 12:38:27 CST 2020

Hi all, as I mentioned on the SOS call today, I will be heading to grad school this fall. So, we are looking to fill the SOS National Curator position. Please pass along to others, and feel free to reach out to me with questions about the position or general interest!

*Deadline: May 30, 2020

*Overview: To coordinate and implement seed collection and banking activities nationally for Seeds of Success and provide curation for the National Collection, within the Plant Conservation and Restoration Program of BLM, communicating with a wide variety of audiences including federal, state, local, and tribal agencies and elected officials; non-governmental organizations and interest groups; industry; traditional and new media outlets; public land users; and other stakeholders.

*Position: Responsibilities:

1. Provide coordination for the Seeds of Success project to collect and bank seeds from native plant taxa across the U.S.

2. Train and coordinate staff/cooperators/interns on seed collection.

3. Manage data related to the National Collection.

4. Provide analysis on the National Collection, using GIS, in order to strategically add taxa and populations for collection.

5. Teach classes and provide lectures in support of native seed banking.

6. Prepare grant proposals to provide financial support for Seeds of Success.

Key Cooperative Relationships: Botanic Garden and BLM staff; SOS cooperators; CLM interns and technicians for SOS; federal, state and regional land managers; conservation, stewardship and restoration groups.

*Location: Position is located at the Bureau of Land Management Headquarters Office in Boise, Idaho.

*Who may apply: Bachelor’s degree in ecology, botany, biology or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred. Knowledge of plants, especially seed collection methods. GIS experience. Data management, teaching and project management experience, good organizational skills. Ability to work independently. Desire to work with volunteers and interns. Occasional outdoor and weekend work may be involved, valid driver’s license required.

*Compensation: Commensurate with experience.

Go to https://www.chicagobotanic.org/jobs to apply. Please include a c.v. and cover letter with your application. Review of applications begins May 30, 2020 and will continue until a suitable candidate is hired. Contact Kayri Havens at khavens at chicagobotanic.org with any questions.

Leah Prescott

National Curator, Seeds of Success
Chicago Botanic Garden
Bureau of Land Management (contractor)
20 M St. SE | Washington, D.C. 20003
Tel (202) 912-7232
Pronouns: she/her/hers

chicagobotanic.org/research<http://chicagobotanic.org/research>
blm.gov/sos<http://blm.gov/sos> | seeds-success.org<http://seeds-success.org>
We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life.