[PCA] CONFERENCE: 2019 Natural Areas Conference; October 8-10, 2019 (PA)

Nakahata, Eileen enakahata at blm.gov
Thu Mar 14 12:39:38 CDT 2019

2019 Natural Areas Conference
Date/location: October 8-10, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA

What will you learn?
Hosted by the Natural Areas Association (NAA), the annual Natural Areas
Conference is one of the nation’s premier gatherings of conservation
professionals.  The conference is focused on providing access to
cutting-edge information, emerging management techniques, and science-based
practices for natural areas practitioners. The event also serves as an
important venue for making connections and sharing knowledge with
professionals in conservation-related fields.

The Natural Areas Association (NAA) is the only national, nonprofit
membership organization dedicated to the support and advancement of the
community of natural areas practitioners. We provide them with the best
scientific information to inform their work on the ground.

Our theme is At the Water's Edge - Managing our Land and Water in a
Changing Landscape. This event will focus on providing access to
cutting-edge information, emerging management techniques, and science-based
practices for natural areas practitioners.

Topics include:

   - Best Management Practices on Land for Freshwater Ecosystem Integrity
   - Mitigating the Impact of Energy Development
   - Advances in State Forest Management
   - Identifying Natural Areas for Conservation
   - Management of Wildlife Habitat
   - Invasive Species Management and Prevention
   - Using Data and Technology to advance Conservation
   - Parcelization of Large Private Land – Opportunities for Conservation
   - Native Plant Conservation Initiatives
   - Pollinators in Natural Areas Management
   - Management Planning to Advance the Conservation of Special
   Species/Natural Communities
   - Urban Natural Areas and Green Infrastructure
   - Wetlands Conservation (for Rare Species)
   - Climate Change – Species and Natural Communities on the Move
   - Restoration of Natural Areas Qualities

Details & Registration:

Please submit proposals by April 15.

We are now accepting abstracts for the following:

   - Symposia
   - Oral Presentations
   - Posters
   - Workshops
   - ID Workshops
   - Field Workshops

More info at naturalareas.org

Students are encouraged to submit proposals for presentations and posters
and to compete in the NAA student competition for cash prizes. Student
scholarships are available and are awarded on a competitive basis.

*Watch our action-filled short video about getting your proposals in for
the conference:*

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN-9www9tGo&t=1s
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN-9www9tGo&t=1s>*

--
Eileen Nakahata
Plant Conservation and Restoration Program