[PCA] JOB OPPORTUNITY: Conservation Scientist (2 positions) (IL) (4/5/2019)

Prescott, Leah lprescott at blm.gov
Mon Feb 25 07:33:52 CST 2019

Conservation Scientist (2 positions)

*Deadline: April 5, 2019

*Overview: We seek to hire two conservation scientists at the assistant
scientist rank in our Plant Biology and Conservation Department (
https://www.chicagobotanic.org/research). We are particularly interested in
applicants with expertise in one or more of the following: Landscape
Ecology, Restoration Ecology, and Ecophysiology, but other conservation
disciplines will be considered. Candidates who focus on wetland or aquatic
systems, or seed-based questions are especially encouraged to apply. In
addition to conducting research, both positions will serve as faculty in
our joint Plant Biology and Conservation graduate program with Northwestern
University, and undertake outreach and service activities. These are full
time, career-track positions. The successful candidates will join a group
of enthusiastic scientists focused on addressing key conservation
challenges. Start dates are flexible.

*Position: Conservation Scientist (2 positions)

*Location: Chicago, IL

*Who may apply: Ph.D. in ecology, botany, biology, or equivalent with
appropriate experience. Strong quantitative skills; meta-analysis skills
desired. Excellent communication skills. Commitment to seeing research
results applied to conservation and restoration. Commitment to fostering a
diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. Teaching, mentoring, and
project/grant management experience.  Candidate’s research program should
allow them to be in Chicago for most of the summer to mentor students.

Please go to https://www.chicagobotanic.org/jobs to apply. In addition to
the Garden application materials, please submit a cover letter; cv;
separate 1-2 page statements on research interests and their conservation
or restoration implications, mentoring philosophy, and diversity and
inclusion (e.g. a statement about your past contributions to diversity and
anticipated contribution to our program); as well as contact information
for three references.

Contact Kayri Havens at khavens at chicagobotanic.org with any questions.

--
Leah Prescott
Seeds of Success

Seeds of Success
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>
National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>
Plant Conservation Alliance <http://www.plantconservationalliance.org/>