[PCA] Smithsonian-Conservation International Post-Doctoral Fellowship

Krupnick, Gary KRUPNICK at si.edu
Tue Feb 5 09:06:00 CST 2019

The Smithsonian Institution and Conservation International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program

We are partnering with Conservation International to offer this 2-year postdoctoral opportunity. This fellowship will support the Smithsonian Conservation Commons' Working Land and Seascape initiative and Conservation International's Sustainable Landscapes and Seascapes program.
Proposals should address one of the following themes

  *   Connect ecological data/conservation action to supporting biodiversity and human well-being.
  *   Establish common language, methods and framework to replicate work across land and seascapes, and among the conservation community and land/seascape managers.
  *   Assessment of all current data (internal and from external resources including social/economic) to assess the effectiveness of programs to ensure we are including the most important variables and using the most effective approaches for meeting shared objectives.
The Smithsonian and Conservation International are embarking on a partnership to leverage the resources of both institutions to tackle landscape and seascape scale conservation challenges. With a rapidly changing global environment, it is imperative that we develop science-based solutions to address the biodiversity loss and climate change that is impacting the landscapes and seascapes upon which we depend for our livelihoods. We are looking for a fellow to help us advance this ambitious partnership; an individual that can bring together science, conservation and action to identify what's working in conservation. We are seeking someone to innovate new methods to expedite the implementation of solutions, and develop metrics that allow us to measure impact and demonstrate the value of conservation to people and nature, allowing for economic and ecological prosperity. Full application guidelines can be found via the link below.
Smithsonian-Conservation International Fellowship<https://www.smithsonianofi.com/smithsonian-institution-and-conservation-international-postdoctoral-fellowship-program/>

Brief concept notes should be submitted to WLS at si.edu<mailto:WLS at si.edu> no later than March 4th.

Please help us spread the word by sharing with your networks!
For questions regarding the fellowship please contact Molly Dodge, dodgem at si.edu<mailto:dodgem at si.edu> 540-635-0071