[PCA] Wetland Science Conference: Announcing Call for Presentations

Andrea Kramer akramer at chicagobotanic.org
Mon Sep 10 09:40:21 CDT 2018

From: Wisconsin Wetlands Association [mailto:conference at wisconsinwetlands.org]
Subject: Wetland Science Conference: Announcing Call for Presentations

Dear Friends,

The Wisconsin Wetlands Association is announcing the Call for Presentations<https://wisconsinwetlands-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1RzAW8Kba2qo6c_2-FgeEgqY5GZ6d4NLf9pt_mhO6EvM-342175635&key=YAMMID-90005120&link=http%3A%2F%2Fconference.wisconsinwetlands.org%2Fcall-for-presentations%2F> (details below and at http://conference.wisconsinwetlands.org/) for WWA’s 24th annual Wetland Science Conference, Wetlands: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. The deadline for abstract submission is November 15, 2018.

Conference Information
Wetlands Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
WWA's 24th annual Wetland Science Conference
February 19-21, 2019
Madison Marriott West<https://wisconsinwetlands-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1RzAW8Kba2qo6c_2-FgeEgqY5GZ6d4NLf9pt_mhO6EvM-342175635&key=YAMMID-90005120&link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.marriott.com%2Fmeeting-event-hotels%2Fgroup-corporate-travel%2FgroupCorp.mi%3FresLinkData%3DWisconsin%2520Wetlands%2520Association%25202019%255Emsnwe%2560wetwetk%257Cwetwetd%2560119.00%2560USD%2560false%25605%25602%2F19%2F19%25602%2F21%2F19%256001%2F29%2F19%26app%3Dresvlink%26stop_mobi%3Dyes>

For more information, visit conference.wisconsinwetlands.org<https://wisconsinwetlands-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1RzAW8Kba2qo6c_2-FgeEgqY5GZ6d4NLf9pt_mhO6EvM-342175635&key=YAMMID-90005120&link=http%3A%2F%2Fconference.wisconsinwetlands.org>.

Thanks and hope to see you at the conference.

Sincerely,

Emily Buck
Communications and Events Manager
Wisconsin Wetlands Association<https://wisconsinwetlands-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1RzAW8Kba2qo6c_2-FgeEgqY5GZ6d4NLf9pt_mhO6EvM-342175635&key=YAMMID-90005120&link=http%3A%2F%2Fwisconsinwetlands.org%2F>
(608) 250-9971<https://wisconsinwetlands-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1RzAW8Kba2qo6c_2-FgeEgqY5GZ6d4NLf9pt_mhO6EvM-342175635&key=YAMMID-90005120&link=tel%3A%2528608%2529%2520250-9971>
Helping people care for wetlands

-----

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

Conference website:  conference.wisconsinwetlands.org<https://wisconsinwetlands-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1RzAW8Kba2qo6c_2-FgeEgqY5GZ6d4NLf9pt_mhO6EvM-342175635&key=YAMMID-90005120&link=http%3A%2F%2Fconference.wisconsinwetlands.org>
Abstract submission deadline:  November 15, 2018

Wisconsin Wetlands Association invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at our 24th annual Wetland Science Conference. We seek proposals for oral presentations and posters on wetland research, restoration, and management projects. We welcome presentations on work done in all wetland community types and from the Midwest region, as long as the content of the presentation applies to wetlands of Wisconsin. We especially encourage submissions on topics related to the theme, Wetlands: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow. WWA celebrates our 50th year since our founding in 1969, so this year’s theme offers a unique opportunity to look back at wetland science, policy, and management, while looking forward at what we need to accomplish as a wetland community in the next 50 years.
This 2-day conference will include a keynote address, organized symposia, topical oral sessions, a poster session, working groups, a banquet, and wetland field trips.
We ask that authors submitting abstracts for oral presentations select up to three topical areas from the list below that best fit the presentation’s focus. This will help conference planners to assign accepted abstracts to the most appropriate session. We reserve the right to change session titles to best accommodate accepted abstracts into the conference schedule.
•         Wetlands yesterday, today, tomorrow (look-backs at older restoration & management case studies, how they are doing, what we are doing now, and what we need to do in future to care for these places)
•         Wetland wildlife (including mammals, amphibians, reptiles, birds, invertebrates)
•         Applications of wetland science in policy and regulation
•         Hydrology & geomorphology
•         Native wetland flora / plant communities
•         Watershed approaches to wetland conservation (watershed-scale assessment & planning)
•         Wetland assessment (site-specific, e.g., quality, type, management planning, etc.)
•         Wetland invasive species
•         Wetland mitigation (science, approaches, practices, standards)
•         Wetland restoration & management case studies
•         Wetlands & groundwater
•         Wetlands and people (e.g. history, culture education, outreach, citizen monitoring, recreation)
•         Wetlands in a changing climate
•         Wetlands in a landscape context (the role of wetlands in particular landscapes, e.g., riparian, agricultural, forestry, and urban)
Abstracts that address the theme Wetlands: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow will receive priority consideration in the review process. All abstract-related inquiries should be directed to Katie Beilfuss at (608) 250-9971 or programs at wisconsinwetlands.org<mailto:programs at wisconsinwetlands.org>.
Guidelines for oral presentations:
Speakers are allowed 15 minutes for presentations and 5 minutes for questions, and are expected to present analyzed results and conclusions.
Guidelines for poster presentations:
Posters are encouraged as they allow extended informal discussions and active participation by authors and co-authors. Posters are displayed for a full day, and interested persons can view the poster even when the author is not in attendance.
Formal Session: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, from 5:00 - 6:30 pm
Content: Anything that would be appropriate for the oral sessions as well as preliminary research or project where data have yet to be collected and/or analyzed or describes a project that did not result in new information or techniques for wetland restoration and management.
Size: Posters need to be no larger than 3’H x 4’W to fit on this year’s display boards Please plan accordingly.

Student presentation competition
As part of our ongoing efforts to encourage and support the next generation of wetland scientists and practitioners, Wisconsin Wetlands Association will host a student presentation competition again this year, awarding cash prizes to the best oral presentation and best poster presentation by a student. Current students and recent graduates who are presenting their student research at the conference are eligible to participate. Those interested in participating should indicate this when submitting their abstracts.
We also expect to be able to offer scholarships to students to offset registration fees. Priority for these scholarships will go to student presenters.

Instructions for Submitting Abstracts for Oral Presentations or Posters
Deadline:  November 15, 2018
Abstract Submission Forms available online: conference.wisconsinwetlands.org/call-for-presentations/<https://wisconsinwetlands-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1RzAW8Kba2qo6c_2-FgeEgqY5GZ6d4NLf9pt_mhO6EvM-342175635&key=YAMMID-90005120&link=http%3A%2F%2Fconference.wisconsinwetlands.org%2Fcall-for-presentations%2F>

The deadline for submitting abstracts is November 15, 2018. Find information about the abstract submission and review process, including the information you need to submit your abstract for consideration: conference.wisconsinwetlands.org/call-for-presentations/<https://wisconsinwetlands-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1RzAW8Kba2qo6c_2-FgeEgqY5GZ6d4NLf9pt_mhO6EvM-342175635&key=YAMMID-90005120&link=http%3A%2F%2Fconference.wisconsinwetlands.org%2Fcall-for-presentations%2F>. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by December 21, 2018.
Note: Presenters need to register and pay registration fees in order to help cover conference costs. We encourage presenters to register by January 18, 2019, in order to receive the early bird registration rate. Scholarships may be available for student presenters. Registration information (fees etc.) will be available soon at conference.wisconsinwetlands.org/registration<https://wisconsinwetlands-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1RzAW8Kba2qo6c_2-FgeEgqY5GZ6d4NLf9pt_mhO6EvM-342175635&key=YAMMID-90005120&link=http%3A%2F%2Fconference.wisconsinwetlands.org%2Fregistration>; online registration will open in December, 2018.
For more information, contact:
Katie Beilfuss, Wisconsin Wetlands Association
214 N. Hamilton St. Suite 201, Madison, WI 53703
608-250-9971
programs at wisconsinwetlands.org<mailto:programs at wisconsinwetlands.org>