[PCA] DEADLINE TOMORROW for proposals for Natural Areas Conference

Kate Luce Angell kangell at naturalareas.org
Thu May 17 12:57:33 CDT 2018

DEADLINE TOMORROW for Proposals - May 18

Natural Areas Conference, October 23-25

Indiana Memorial Union - Bloomington, Indiana

We are looking for proposals for symposia, individual oral presentations,
posters, field workshops, and pre-conference workshops. Student scholarships
are available, and there is a student paper and poster competition, as well
as student career programming. This year's theme is Building Resilience: The
Future of Natural Areas, and you can view a list of conference themes below
by visiting our conference page at naturalareas.org/conference.php

STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE. See our website under Students.

Confirmed: Closing Plenary speakers will be former National Parks Director
Jonathan Jarvis and Dr. Gary Machlis, co-authors of The Future of
Conservation: A Chart for Rough Water.

Nominations for NAA Awards are open until May 18 as well. Go to
naturalareas.org/awards.php

Conference themes include:

*	Land Management in Light of Climate Change
*	Collaborative Approaches to Conservation
*	Native Plant Materials in Natural Areas Management
*	Pollinators in Natural Areas Management
*	Migration Corridors and Assisted Migration
*	Private Land Conservation
*	Karst Conservation
*	Fire Ecology
*	Genetic Diversity & Biodiversity
*	Invasive Species
*	Restoration Ecology
*	Working Landscapes Conservation
*	Urban and Wildland Interface Issues
*	Endangered Species Conservation
*	Monitoring Species Populations and Natural Areas
*	Maximizing Data and Technology to Inform Natural Areas Management
*	The Role of Focal Species in Conservation Planning
*	Communicating the Importance of our Work
*	The Role of Humanities in Conservation

Kate Luce Angell

Communications and Outreach Coordinator

 <mailto:kangell at naturalareas.org> kangell at naturalareas.org

412-925-2537