[PCA] NYC PopUP Forest this Friday

Marielle Anzelone beachplum at gmail.com
Mon May 7 10:15:00 CDT 2018

I founded an organization called NYC Wildflower Week
<http://nycwildflowerweek.org/> to get New Yorkers excited about local
nature. May 11-20 we offer free events in all 5 boroughs
<https://www.eventbrite.com/o/nyc-wildflower-week-441825278>. Come out for
a walk in the woods!

And to celebrate our 10th year, we're launching PopUP Forest
<https://www.popupforest.org/>. This Friday May 11 I'm taking to the
streets of Manhattan riding a bicycle with a “forest" in tow. The mobile
woodland will feature wildflowers, shrubs and ferns that are native to New
York City. My two boys will join me wearing costumes of extinct species.
People on the street can take urban nature selfies and get a free plant for
a wildlife garden. Teachers can download science curriculum
<https://www.popupforest.org/> and watch the forest bike ride in classrooms
with their students on Facebook Live.

You can also RSVP on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/events/150997748927378/> as "interested" to help
boost the event. And tune in to WNYC's Brian Lehrer Show
<https://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl> where I'll be a guest this Friday.
Cheers,
Marielle
@nycbotanist