[PCA] Announcement: Survey of Native Plant and Seed Use in the Eastern U.S.

Shanyn Siegel ssiegel at marsb.org
Thu Mar 8 14:49:00 CST 2018

The Seeds of Success East partnership is pleased to announce that our
online survey of Native Plant and Seed Use in the Eastern United States
<https://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cvcT61D5vRN5kEt> is still
open! If you have not already participated in this survey, please set aside
15 minutes to be included in this important effort!

plant materials program based on the real-world needs of land managers,
restoration ecologists, and other conservation/horticultural professionals.
The survey is *open to all professionals who use native plants in the
landscape*, including individuals who are responsible for making purchasing
decisions or procuring native plants and seeds. Our survey area includes *all
states located east of the Mississippi River. *

Thank you in advance for your participation! Please respond by Friday,
March 16.

TAKE SURVEY NOW
<https://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cvcT61D5vRN5kEt>

Our survey supports Goal 1 of the National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation
and Restoration
<https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/files/program_natural%20resources_seed%20strategy_quick%20link_seed%20stregy.pdf>,
which aims to “Identify seed needs, and ensure the reliable availability of
genetically appropriate seed.” By sharing information about your native
plant and seed needs, you are helping us build a successful framework that
puts *the right seed in the right place at the right time*.

Please share this announcement
<https://mailchi.mp/fda9861346fa/your-work-matters-please-participate-in-a-survey-of-native-plant-use>

This is a crucial topic and we want everyone's voice to be heard. Because
our survey covers such a large geographic area, we hope you'll share it
with your colleagues and partners. By forwarding this announcement, you are
helping to ensure this survey reaches a large and diverse pool of native
plant users.

--

This project was developed through a cooperative effort between Seeds of
Success East and University of Maryland Extension.

Seeds of Success East is a 5-instituition partnership that collects
critically needed seed and works to further long-term seed conservation
efforts in the Eastern U.S.

SOS East Partners
Mid-Atlantic Regional Seed Bank
New England Wildflower Society
North Carolina Botanical Garden
Chicago Botanic Garden
USDA/NRCS Cape May Plant Materials Center

Questions?
Please email Shanyn Siegel
<ssiegel at marsb.org?subject=Inquiry%20about%20Native%20Seed%20Survey>,
Mid-Atlantic Regional Seed Bank or visit our website
<http://www.marsb.org/sosmemberinfo/survey-native-plant-and-seed-use-in-the-eastern-u-s/>
for more information.

*Shanyn Siegel*
Communications Coordinator