[PCA] Red List of US Oaks

Diana Jerome djerome at mortonarb.org
Mon Oct 2 16:04:55 CDT 2017

We are pleased to announce a new publication produced by the Global Tree
Conservation Program at The Morton Arboretum. The Red List of US Oaks
<https://www.mortonarb.org/files/Oaks5.pdf> report details for the first
time the distributions, population trends, and threats facing all 91 native
oak species in the U.S. using the IUCN Red List threat assessment platform,
including updated versions of previously published assessments. The
publication serves as a baseline for our current understanding of the state
of the country’s oak trees and an authoritative guide for future
conservation action. Sixteen species of oaks, all in the southern and
western U.S., are now classified as Critically Endangered, Endangered or
Vulnerable, with another four species deemed Near Threatened. For more
information about the report, see the recent press release
<http://www.mortonarb.org/news/arboretum-researchers-find-nearly-one-fourth-oak-species-us-are-conservation-concern>or
contact Diana Jerome (djerome at mortonarb.org).

--
*Diana Jerome*
Tree Conservation Research Aide
Djerome at mortonarb.org
630-725-2496

The Morton Arboretum  |  4100 Illinois Route 53  |  Lisle, Illinois 60532

Connect with us: Facebook <http://fb.com/MortonArboretum> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/MortonArboretum> | Instagram
<http://instagram.com/mortonarb> | Pinterest
<http://pinterest.com/mortonarboretum/> | YouTube