[PCA] SYMPOSIUM: Ecosystem Services: From Concept to Policy; May 19; 9:00 AM-5:15 PM ET (Washington, DC)

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Thu May 18 09:13:59 CDT 2017

ECOSYSTEM SERVICES: FROM CONCEPT TO POLICY

Date/time: May 19; 9:00 AM-5:15 PM ET

Location:

AAAS

1200 New York Ave NW

Washington, DC 20005

What it’s all about?

How can policy decision-making at the national and international levels
make better use of our scientific understanding of the services provided to
human societies by nature (ecosystem services)? We aim to spark
conversation around the topic of what constitutes an ecosystem service.
Speakers will discuss the rationale behind ecosystem services valuation and
its recent history, explore the benefits and limitations of the approach,
and showcase examples of tools currently used for identifying and valuing
ecosystem services. We draw on the practical experiences of people working
across sectors: government, NGO, and academia.

Schedule and registration available at:
https://www.aaaspolicyfellowships.org/events/ecosystem-services

Advance registration is not required, but is recommended.

This event hosted by the AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships
(STPF) and organized by the Biodiversity Affinity Group with assistance
from the Big Data and Social Science Affinity Groups.