[PCA] Free, Live-Broadcast: Impacts of Woodland Expansion - Sign Up Now & Share

Lindsey Riibe riibe.lindsey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:58:33 CST 2017

As part of their conference, the Society of Range Management will be
hosting a symposium on reducing woodland expansion in the West, on Tuesday,
January 31st. There are several 20 minute sessions such as "Targeted
Woodland Removal to Recover At-Risk Grouse and Their Sagebrush-Steppe and
Prairie Ecosystems" and "Pinyon and Juniper Encroachment into Sagebrush
Ecosystems Impacts Distribution and Survival of Greater Sage-Grouse" to
name just a couple sessions.

You need to register for this event by following the information below.
For BLM, there have been some access issues obtaining the password - I was
successful in utilizing my mobile device to register.  They are aware and
working on a resolution.

This should be a very interesting symposium. Hope you can join.

*When:* *January 31, 2017*

*Where:* *St. George, UT or online from your computer*

*What:* *Oregon State University’s Rick Miller will emcee the symposium on
the latest knowledge on conifer expansion. During this broadcast, **every
20 minutes a new study in the latest issue of Rangeland & Ecology
Management will be presented live.*

*How:* *Sign up for this free, online broadcast of here.
<http://www.sagegrouseinitiative.com/conference-society-range-managements-annual-meeting-technical-training-trade-show/>*

*For news and resources, follow IWJV on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/intermountainwestjv> and Twitter
<https://twitter.com/IWJVbirds>!*

"To proceed as a species, we need to address this issue of botanical
capacity." Gregory Mueller, Negaunee Foundation

--
Lindsey Riibe
Plant Conservation Program Assistant