[PCA] 7 New PCA Non-Federal Cooperators!

Riibe, Lindsey lriibe at blm.gov
Fri Apr 28 17:54:36 CDT 2017

Over the month of April, the Plant Conservation Alliance grew by seven new
Cooperators hailing from seven different states!

Please welcome our newest Non-Federal Cooperators to the Plant Conservation
Alliance​!

ARIZONA:
University of Arizona School of Natural Resources and the Environment
<https://snre.arizona.edu/> To provide innovative and interdisciplinary
research and applications that lead to the sustainable management of the
natural resources of Arizona, the West, and the Nation, and to educate
existing practitioners and the next generation of resource managers,
scientists, and policy makers who will take on the challenge in an
ever-changing world.

CALIFORNIA:
Hedgerow Farms <https://www.hedgerowfarms.com/> specializes in producing
high quality seed of origin-known, wildland collected California native
grasses, forbs, sedges and rushes. We offer seeds in single species or
custom seed mixes, plug transplants and native grass straw.  Our seed and
plants are used in wildlife habitat restoration projects, agricultural
revegetation projects, for erosion control and urban and rural landscaping.

HAWAII:
Waimea Valley <http://www.waimeavalley.net/> is deeply rooted in Hawaiian
history and continues to be a respite for Hawaiian spirituality and
traditions. Hi‘ipaka LLC is a nonprofit, limited liability company created
to nurture and care for this treasure.
​

NEVADA:
Comstock Seed <http://comstockseed.com/> specializes in Native Seed
acquisition and consultation. Through networking, we inventory shrub,
grass, and flower seed, both native and cultivars, suitable for the Western
U.S.

​OKLAHOMA:
Johnston Seed Company  <https://jeinc.publishpath.com/>Since 1893, Johnston
Seed has been planting "seeds" of success. Johnston Seed produces a
selection of native grasses for livestock forage, soil stabilization,
wildlife food and cover, and landscape as well as wildflower species.
​
​TEXAS:
Houston Wilderness <http://houstonwilderness.org/> ​
is a broad-based alliance of 100+ business, environmental and government
interests that work together to protect, preserve and promote the unique
biodiversity of the 13+ county Greater Houston Region’s remaining
ecological capital - from bottomland hardwoods and prairie grasslands to
pine forests and coastal wetlands.

​WASHINGTON:
​
San Juan County Land Bank <http://sjclandbank.org/>
​ <http://sjclandbank.org/> ​
To preserve in perpetuity areas in the county that have environmental,
agricultural, aesthetic, cultural, scientific, historic, scenic or
low-intensity recreational value and to protect existing and future sources
of potable water.

Lindsey Riibe
Bureau of Land Management
Plant Conservation Program Assistant
503-808-6230

National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>
Plant Conservation Alliance <http://www.plantconservationalliance.org/>
Seeds of Success
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>