[PCA] Norton Brown Herbarium may close

Sylvan Kaufman sylvan.kaufman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 11:37:39 CDT 2016

I learned this week from the Director of the Norton Brown Herbarium at
University of Maryland that it will close unless the Director can find
$100,000 in operating expenses each year starting in 2017.  This herbarium
is the state herbarium for Maryland .

Does anyone have advice about how to either find outside funding or
convince the University that they should fund the operating budget?  I have
put the message out to several Maryland conservation-related listserves in
the hopes that people will write letters of support to the Chair of the
Plant Sciences department and Dean of the College of Agriculture and
Natural Resources that house the herbarium.

Thanks,
Sylvan

--
Sylvan Kaufman