[PCA] JOB OPPORTUNITY: Entry-Level Plant Ecologist/Plant Biologist (Los Gatos, California)

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Mon Mar 7 11:54:07 CST 2016

Forwarding a job announcement. (Pardon cross-postings).  Please contact
Debbie Spotts (info below) with any questions:

*Entry-Level Plant Ecologist/Plant Biologist*

We have an immediate opening in our Los Gatos office for a full-time,
entry-level plant ecologist/plant biologist. This person will conduct field
studies, including plant community mapping, rare plant surveys, and wetland
assessments and delineations, and will prepare a variety of
reports/technical studies, including biological resource reports, resource
agency permit applications, and natural resource management plans.

*Required qualifications:  *

   - Academic background in plant biology, plant ecology, plant sciences,
   or biological sciences with emphasis in botany and ecology
   - Experience in some or most of the following areas: plant
   identification, quantitative field surveys, plant community/association
   mapping, wetland delineation, environmental impact analysis, permit
   preparation, Trimble GeoXT/XH, and general GIS/Arc View
   - Demonstrable technical writing ability
   - Strong communication and collaboration skills
   - Willingness to travel throughout California and beyond

Candidates with an M.S. or a Ph.D. are preferred, but those with a B.S. and
direct relevant experience will be considered.

*Prior experience in the following areas a plus: *

·         California flora

·         Insect/pollinator sampling and/or identification

·         Biological consulting

·         Range management

*About H. T. Harvey & Associates:*

H. T. Harvey & Associates is an established ecological consulting firm
based in Los Gatos, California, with more than 120 ecologists, landscape
architects, and other professional staff members in six offices in
California and Hawai‘i. Our core areas of expertise include wildlife
ecology, fisheries and aquatic ecology, plant ecology, landscape
architecture, and restoration ecology. We cultivate excellence in our team
and our work in pursuit of our mission to create ecologically sound
solutions to our clients’ complex natural resource challenges.

We offer an excellent salary and benefits package and a positive,
progressive work environment. Our employment package includes medical,
dental, and life insurance and a 401(k) package with a generous employer
match program.

*How to apply:*

Interested candidates should respond by submitting a cover letter, resume,
and references through this link:
https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=18135122 using ONE (not separate
attachments) .doc or .pdf file (system allows for only ONE attachment, so
resume, cover letter, and references must be incorporated into ONE file);
via mail to H. T. Harvey & Associates, Attn: Personnel, 983 University
Ave., Bldg. D, Los Gatos, CA 95032; or by fax to 408.458.3210.

*Questions?*

Debbie Spotts
Human Resources Clerk
H. T. Harvey & Associates  |  Ecological Consultants
983 University Avenue Building D |  Los Gatos, CA 95032
Direct  408.458.3216
Fax  408.458-3210
dspotts @ harveyecology.com

www.harveyecology.com