[PCA] Paid summer research internships in plant biology and conservation at Chicago Botanic Garden

Andrea Kramer akramer at chicagobotanic.org
Wed Jan 6 11:27:35 CST 2016

During summer 2016, the Chicago Botanic Garden will host 10 NSF-funded REU interns (Research Experience for Undergraduates) under the theme of plant biology and conservation, spanning genomics to ecosystem levels of inquiry. Projects topics include ecological restoration, seed biology, genomics, phylogenetics, soil fungal communities, plant reproduction, and community ecology. Students will gain both laboratory and field experience in addition to professional development opportunities.

Visit our program website http://www.cbgreu.org  for additional details on program background, application process, and contact information. Participants should be U.S. citizens who will be enrolled as undergraduates in fall 2016.

REU interns receive a stipend of $5,000 in addition to assistance traveling to/from Chicago. Room and board is provided. The application deadline is February 1st, 2016 and the 10-week program runs from June 13 to August 19, 2016. We encourage applications from students at non-PhD granting universities and minorities that are under-represented in biological fields.

Find more information and apply at http://www.cbgreu.org. Questions can be directed to info at cbgreu.org.

Andrea T. Kramer, PhD
Conservation Scientist
Chicago Botanic Garden
1000 Lake Cook Road
Glencoe, IL 60022 USA

phone: 847-835-6971
email: akramer at chicagobotanic.org<mailto:akramer at chicagobotanic.org>

Joint Graduate Program in Plant Biology and Conservation
www.plantbiology.northwestern.edu<http://www.plantbiology.northwestern.edu/>