[PCA] Job: CEO at NatureServe

Lindsey Riibe riibe.lindsey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:37:48 CDT 2016

Dear NatureServers,

I am pleased to share with you the job announcement for our next CEO. I
know many of you have been anxious to see this announcement and have our
CEO search move into the next phase of promoting and publicizing the
position. Larry Slesinger will be promoting it on his website and through
various channels, but he needs our help to make sure we are reaching the
right people with the expertise we are seeking. You are encouraged to send
this announcement to your networks and specifically to anyone you feel is a
potential candidate. We will also be posting this announcement to the
NatureServe website.

Questions and applications are to be directed to the search firm as noted
in the job announcement. And in case you are wondering, I and the rest of
the executive team are just now seeing the job description for the first
time ourselves.

Lori

*NatureServe* in* Arlington, Virginia* has retained Slesinger Management
Services to recruit a dynamic, visionary, and innovative leader with
experience in biodiversity and conservation to serve as *President and CEO*.

NatureServe is an international nonprofit organization whose mission is to
provide the scientific basis for effective conservation action. Through a
network of more than 80 programs, mostly housed with state or provincial
government agencies and universities throughout the United States and
Canada, as well as in Latin America, NatureServe collects and analyzes data
about the plants, animals, and ecological communities of the Western
Hemisphere.

NatureServe currently has a staff of 75 and a budget of $8 million. Revenue
comes primarily from government grants and contracts, grants from
foundations, donations from individuals, and member dues and fees.

The President and CEO should be:

   1. Knowledgeable about biodiversity and conservation, either
   professionally or through significant volunteer activity.
   2. Committed to the mission of NatureServe and its focus on data and
   science to inform policy makers. An advanced degree in science is
   desirable, but not required since the essence of this job is to lead and
   build an organization, where a wide range of leadership and management
   skills are paramount.
   3. Able to raise money from the broad array of funders who can support
   NatureServe

*Please click here to see complete job announcement, including application
instructions.*
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Br63WZ7V1DMb9_pAcodBerp0m6pEpFiICU5dNJIN-LgTM3HftuC4P5aTk37k7hNRmGTS4XBZC0duzq0zh67zGDR07YzQX-atafkaukJzfTfTNIxDW4o0mntPIYX5PAa2Y3EW3lPn2tvH4GYJLQmH0fsHS6cuWgGvflcOzV_Wuzo=>*
Or see attached job announcement.*

I'd appreciate your help identifying candidates for this position. Please
forward this email to them, or send me their name, email address, and phone
number so I can contact them directly.

Thank you.

Larry Slesinger

Larry Slesinger, Founder and CEO