[PCA] FW: CNPS is seeking an Associate Director

. lists at gluesenkamp.com
Wed Oct 7 16:31:12 CDT 2015

Will you please help us get word out about this great new position?

It's an exciting step and we are really hoping to find someone special to
help continue the great momentum we've built!  We hope to start interviewing
soon, so that the new Associate Director can be part of rehiring a crucial
Education/Communication position.

Please forward it to anyone you think would be good for the job, to your
network, or any appropriate lists. Please let me know if you suggestions for
recruiting or otherwise making this a huge success.

Thank you!

    -Dan

      Dan Gluesenkamp, Ph.D.

      Executive Director

      The California Native Plant Society

      2707 K Street, Suite 1

      Sacramento, CA 95816

      916.447.2677 x201

       <https://support.cnps.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=298> http://CNPS.org

    <https://support.cnps.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=298>
cid:image002.png at 01D05B59.264C83B0

   Please consider including CNPS in your estate plan.

CNPS Associate Director Job Announcement

Job Summary

The Associate Director (AD) is a new leadership position. Under the
direction of the Executive Director, the AD manages and enhances internal
organization processes and infrastructure to ensure smooth and seamless
operations that support CNPS's ability to fulfill its mission. In the
absence of the Executive Director, the AD assumes responsibility for
directing the day to day operations of CNPS.

The AD provides key strategic leadership to the Executive Director (ED) by
advising on issues of significant organizational importance and long-term
sustainability. The AD is responsible for overseeing and monitoring
financial practices, leading the budgeting process, managing human
resources, and providing oversight of facilities and IT infrastructure.
They will have broad latitude to shape this growing organization, including
defining strategy and scoping/hiring new positions to help fulfill these
important responsibilities.

For the right person, one who sees how Californians can work together to
celebrate and save our flora, this is a rare opportunity to make an enduring
difference. The responsibilities listed below illustrate the overall
possible scope of this position, and will be tailored to fit the strengths
of the right candidate.

Please Note if You Possess Additional Desired Qualifications

.         Fluency in Spanish.

.         Experience with community organizing, grassroots outreach,
conservation action.

.         Expertise developing books or other publications.

.         Skills and experience with funds development and membership
engagement.

.         Knowledge of CNPS, familiarity with native plants, a commitment to
conservation.

To Apply

Complete job description is available at http://CNPS.org.  Please submit
application to jobs at cnps.org. Subject line of email should read "Associate
Director application." This is a full time, Sacramento-based position.
Position is open until filled.

The California Native Plant Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer