[PCA] TV: The Sagebrush Sea

Kwong, Olivia okwong at blm.gov
Tue May 19 08:44:48 CDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------

We invite you to watch The Sagebrush Sea, a documentary produced by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology, which is scheduled to air on PBS Nature this
Wednesday, May 20th. The documentary highlights one of the most undervalued
ecosystems in North America, and showcases beautiful footage of the species
that have adapted to survive in this unique landscape. The film focuses
primarily on the Greater Sage-Grouse, a species whose conservation has been
extremely controversial in the face of oil and gas drilling in the region.
The USFWS will review this fall whether to list the Greater Sage-Grouse
under the ESA. It is our hope that this film will help bring broad
awareness to the importance of the Greater Sage-Grouse and its
irreplaceable sagebrush habitat.

Please explore the links for more information:

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=b35ddb671faf4a16c0ce32406&id=49ef3ff269&e=f0b505020c

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/sagebrush-sea-about/12170/

Sincerely,
Yula A Kapetanakos, PhD