[PCA] Just like snowbirds, wildflowers love spring in Southwest Florida

Lisa Roberts flawildflowers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:23:44 CST 2015

When Ponce de Leon spotted it on Palm Sunday 1513, he dubbed the land "la
Florida" - or "land in bloom" - perhaps in reaction to the profusion of
springtime blossoms that our state is increasingly known for. We are far
removed now from the time when wildflowers could run rampant through the
swamps and plains, but with a little effort and research, people in search
of native specimens won't be disappointed.

http://naples.floridaweekly.com/news/2015-03-05/Top_News/Just_like_snowbirds
_wildflowers_love_spring_in_Sou.html