[PCA] Pollination of purple fringed orchid - Mt. Mitchell State Park, NC

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Wed Jul 1 07:32:28 CDT 2015

Pollination of purple fringed orchid (*Platanthera psycodes*) at Mt.
Mitchell State Park, North Carolina — 2015-06-28

A blog by Jim Fowler, Greenville, South Carolina, photographer and wild
orchid enthusiast

This blog entry is intended for the orchid nerds in our midst and for
anyone else who is interested in orchid pollination…I struggled a bit with
how to present this topic in my blog. My last visit to Mt. Mitchell State
Park in the North Carolina mountains provided me with the opportunity to
witness the pollination process of *Platanthera psycodes* or *Small Purple
Fringed orchid*.

Full story: http://www.jfowlerphotography.com/?p=5447