[PCA] BGCI U.S. Appoints New Executive Director

Abby Hird abby.hird at bgci.org
Fri Jan 16 17:44:33 CST 2015

BGCI U.S. Appoints Kate Sackman as new Executive Director

BGCI is delighted to welcome Kate Sackman as Executive Director of BGCI U.S., effective January 1, 2015.

Professor James Affolter, Board President of BGCI U.S., notes that, "Many outstanding candidates responded to our national search for the new Executive Director of BGCI U.S. We selected an individual who knows the organization well and possesses the nonprofit and development skills we need to expand the services we offer the U.S. plant conservation community. Kate Sackman has been a member of the BGCI U.S. Board of Directors since 2010. The insight and energy she has brought to that task will serve the organization well as we seek to introduce even more gardens and individuals to the exciting opportunities that participating in a global plant conservation organization can provide."

Known nationally for her work as founder and president of EcoMyths Alliance, a nonprofit environmental media and education company, Kate brings entrepreneurial and business skills to her role with BGCI, combined with over 25 years of experience in conservation. Kate is a lifelong devotee to environmental causes, including land preservation and environmental education. She believes in the importance of engaging the public in environmental stewardship by making conservation science understandable and personally actionable.

More details can be found at: http://www.bgci.org/resources/news/1197/

This e-mail is for the addressee only. If received in error, please delete and notify us immediately. Any unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on it, is prohibited.

BGCI is a registered charity and company, limited by guarantee, in England and Wales, and in the U.S. as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

Registered UK address: Descanso House, 199 Kew Road, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3BW, UK, Charity number: 1098834, Company Number: 04673175

www.bgci.org