[PCA] NEWS: Botanists battle 'plant blindness' with seeds of knowledge

White, Peter S peter.white at unc.edu
Fri Sep 19 16:20:45 CDT 2014

Dear Plant Conservation Alliance Folks,

I apologize if you also got this through other listserves…
I am moving back to the faculty after 28 years as Director of the North Carolina Botanical Garden at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and I’d love to get the word out to make sure we find the right person to be the new Director! We are very much a conservation focused garden as most of you know.
We are at a stage in which personal contact might help. We want to encourage folks to interact by phone with the Search Committee, either for brainstorming about the job, to come up with nominees (and phone numbers), or for the Search Committee to urge folks to apply. The person we want is probably already happy and successful where they are and sometimes it takes a phone call to get that person intrigued.
Let me be quick to say that I am not on the Search Committee, but they asked if I would help and I am glad to do so.
So, if you are ready to apply, see below.  If you have nominations of folks who might need personal encouragement, send contact information to the Search Chair (also listed below).  I'd you'd like me to pass contact information to the Search Chair, I am happy to do that.
The link to the job advertisement is http://www.nature.com/naturejobs/science/jobs/447637-director-north-carolina-botanical-garden and all interested individuals are welcome and encouraged to contact the search committee chair, Todd Boyette, at tboy at email.unc.edu<mailto:tboy at email.unc.edu>.
Peter

Peter White  peter.white at unc.edu<mailto:peter.white at unc.edu>
Department of Biology   North Carolina Botanical Garden
CB #3280                               CB #3375
Chapel Hill, NC   USA
27599-3280                          27599-3375
919-962-6939<tel:919-962-6939>                      919-962-0522<tel:919-962-0522>
FAX 919-962-1625<tel:919-962-1625>             919-962-3531<tel:919-962-3531>
www.bio.unc.edu/Faculty/White/<http://www.bio.unc.edu/Faculty/White/>
www.ncbg.unc.edu<http://www.ncbg.unc.edu/>