[PCA] CONFERENCE: Texas Plant Conservation Conference - Nov 5-8 (Austin, TX)

Kwong, Olivia okwong at blm.gov
Tue Aug 5 11:25:37 CDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Karen H Clary <kclary at wildflower.org>
Date: Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Subject: November 5-8 2014 Texas Plant Conservation Conference

Greetings All,

On behalf of the organizing committee, I’m pleased to announce that the
2014 Texas Plant Conservation Conference will be held at the Lady Bird
Johnson Wildflower Center, Austin, Texas, November 5-8, 2014.  We are
currently accepting abstracts for 20-minute lecture presentations as well
as posters.  Abstract deadline is September 15.  Please visit our website
for registration and conference details.
https://www.wildflower.org/conservation_tpcc/

The goal of the conference is to foster communication among conservation
organizations, agencies, academics and the public about native plant
conservation.  The conference, held bi-annually, is a professional level
meeting including keynotes, concurrent sessions, workshops, symposia,
posters and field trips designed to serve scientists, land managers, state
and federal agencies, local governments, and other professionals with an
interest in plant conservation in Texas.

Brief Schedule:

November 5 – Workshops and group working sessions.  Meeting space has been
set aside for workshops and group working sessions.   If you would like to
reserve a space (first come first serve) for your group to meet, please
contact Dr. Karen Clary at the address below.

November 6 & 7 – Full Conference with speakers and poster presentations.

November 8 – Field trips

Best Wishes,

Karen H. Clary, Ph.D.

Senior Program Manager, Plant Conservation Program

UT Austin –  Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center

4801 La Crosse Avenue

Austin, TX 78739-1702

Tel. 512-232-0160

Fax 512-232-0156