[PCA] America's CEO of the Environment - CNN

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Mon Sep 23 08:03:45 CDT 2013

See below for an article about the new Department of Interior Secretary and
my boss, Sally Jewell. Secretary Jewell tells CNN that Interior is
"uniquely placed" to prepare public lands for climate change...

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist, Division of Scientific Authority-US Fish & Wildlife
Service-International Affairs
Chair, Medicinal Plant Working Group-Plant Conservation Alliance
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

Promoting sustainable use and conservation of our native medicinal plants.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

Follow International Affairs
> on Twitter  http://twitter.com/USFWSInternatl
> on Facebook   http://www.facebook.com/USFWS_InternationalAffairs

America's CEO of the Environment
 September 18th, 2013
08:43 AM ET
     *By Mick Krever, CNN*

Is Sally Jewell a contradiction in terms?

She is a CEO turned government regulator. She is a petroleum engineer
turned conservationist. Indeed, the contradiction is built right into her
job: As U.S. secretary of the interior, she is responsible for both the
conservation and exploitation of about twenty percent of America’s land –
that owned by the federal government.

“I feel privileged to be in a unique position of understanding how we must
balance both” conservation and exploitation, or extraction of natural
resources like oil and gas, she told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour on Wednesday.
Full Story:
http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/18/americas-ceo-of-the-environment/?iref=allsearch