[PCA] NEWS: The Academic Decline: How to Train the Next Generation of Botanists

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Tue Nov 12 13:59:05 CST 2013

I would just like to point out that this US News & World Report mentions
the work of the Chicago Botanic Garden (one of our Plant Conservation
Alliance Cooperators) and the Conservation Land Management (CLM) internship
program, which started in 2001 in partnership with the Bureau of Land
Management and has led to partnerships with National Park Service, the US
Forest Service, the US Geological Survey, and the US Fish and Wildlife
Service. These agencies are among the Federal Member Agencies of the Plant
Conservation Alliance.

More info on CLM: CLM is "a mentoring program to train and employ science
graduates from a wide variety of fields to assist land managers with their
huge task of preserving and protecting biodiversity on our public lands."
http://www.clminternship.org/history

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist, Division of Scientific Authority-US Fish & Wildlife
Service-International Affairs
Chair, Medicinal Plant Working Group-Plant Conservation Alliance
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

Promoting sustainable use and conservation of our native medicinal plants.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

Follow International Affairs