[PCA] 2013 Sedge Workshop and The Art of Wildflower Photography Workshop in New Mexico

Jim McGrath sedges at swcp.com
Sun Mar 10 16:47:34 CDT 2013

The following announcement was made by Bob Sivinski of the Native Plant
Society of New Mexico. The sedge workshop, in particular, has been
needed for a long time in the southwest. We have an excellent sedge
workshop  instructor in Dr. Bill Norris. Two excellent excellent
wildflower photographers - Lisa Mandelkern and Bob Sivinski - are the
instructors for the Photography Workshop.

Thanks

Jim McGrath

Native Plant Society of New Mexico is offering two workshops this summer
-- Sedge Identification and The Art of Wildflower Photography. Course
descriptions and registration are available here:

http://www.npsnm.org/education/workshops/

The sedge workshop will focus on the genus /Carex/ and will be
especially useful for biologists who study wetlands and forests. Yet
anyone who has struggled with sedge identification will gain confidence
in working with this diverse and difficult group of plants. The workshop
fee is a little more than we usually charge, but keep in mind this fee
includes two nights lodging on the Jemez River, six meals, one and a
half days of instruction, and a full day field trip in the Valles
Caldera National Preserve (weather permitting). Anyone who wants to save
a little money by finding a roommate (double occupancy) should contact
me. I will keep a list of people who want to share a room and send it
out to prospective roommates.

The plant photography workshop will cover field techniques and
composition, but will also get into introductory aspects of digital
single lens reflex cameras and digital image processing using Adobe
Lightroom and Photoshop Elements. Late summer is a great time to spend a
weekend in Santa Fe with your camera.

Both workshops have limited space so register soon to reserve your
place. Please contact me with any questions.

Bob Sivinski

NPSNM Workshop Coordinator