[PCA] NatureServe's Biodiversity Without Boundaries Conference: Last day for early bird registration rates

Anne Frances Anne_Frances at natureserve.org
Fri Mar 8 09:58:14 CST 2013

NatureServe's upcoming conference, Biodiversity Without Boundaries<https://connect.natureserve.org/BWB2013>, will be held in Baltimore, MD from April 14-18. The event, co-hosted by the Maryland Natural Heritage Program and sponsored by ExxonMobil, Chevron, The Nature Conservancy of Maryland and Virginia, and others, will feature more than 100 interactive workshops, panels, and plenaries<https://connect.natureserve.org/BWB2013/agenda>.

Early bird registration rates end today, March 8th.  Visit www.natureserve.org<http://www.natureserve.org> for more information.

Highlights include:

 *   A full-day symposium focused on challenges and opportunities for landscape-scale conservation
 *   A regional track focusing on biodiversity science and climate change adaptation in the  Chesapeake Bay watershed
 *   Emerging tools and technologies for guiding business policy and land management decision-making
Expected attendees include:

*         Representatives from over 20 government agencies-past attendees have included representatives from the US Fish and Wildlife Service, the EPA, Department of Defense, the USDA Forest Service, National Park Service, the Bureau of Land Management, Army Corps of Engineers, NOAA, and the US Geological Survey, plus local state Departments of Natural Resources and provincial agencies.

*         Corporations - past attendees have included representatives from Chevron, Weyerhaeuser, Rio Tinto, Esri, ExxonMobil, Cengea, and Booz Allen Hamilton.

*         NatureServe scientists and staff from our 80 member programs and offices in Canada, United States, and Latin America.

*         Other non-profit conservation organizations and leading academic institutions

Feedback from past BWB conferences has shown that well over 90% of the participants rate the event as one of the most high-impact, informative and useful conferences that they attend. It fills an important niche between academically focused meetings and policy focused conferences. BWB brings together such a diverse mix of participants, with a sharp focus on the science that guides effective conservation action, and plays a central role in the NatureServe network's ability to deliver on our mission. This conference serves as our most important venue each year for introducing innovations, knowledge transfer, training and coordination. It is also the venue in which more than 100 of our partner organizations spend focused time with us to share their own conservation challenges and solutions, thus strengthening our future collaborations.

We hope you will join us in Baltimore.

Anne Frances, Ph.D.
Lead Botanist
NatureServe - A Network Connecting Science with Conservation
4600 N. Fairfax Dr., 7th Floor | Arlington, VA 22203
Phone: (703) 908-1804 | Email: anne_frances at natureserve.org |Skype: anne_natureserve
http://www.natureserve.org<http://www.natureserve.org/>
CFC #10299
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE1BEB.D540C7A0]