[PCA] WEB: Survey on ecology & ecological function of city green infrastructure

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Feb 13 10:12:48 CST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------

New Online Global Survey and YouTube Movie Seeks to Discover How to
Increase the Value and Implementation of Ecological Function of
Infrastructure in the Urban Landscape 10 question survey link below
Now that we are an urban species, we are ever more compelled to create and
regenerate urban ecological function to maintain global sustainability,
human health and our relationship to the natural world. But is ecological
function really being prioritized and implemented in our cities? Are
methods and technologies like green roofs, living walls, water sensitive
designs and natural green space being as widely used as they could be? If
not, what's holding it up?

A short, 3 minute You Tube video (with link to the survey which you can
take at any time) gives a brief introduction to urban ecology and presents
a case for collaborative ecological urban design towards an optimistic
future for our cities and planet. In order to gauge how opinions vary by
culture and discipline, participants are invited to participate in a short
10 question, global online survey which seeks to answer how can we do
better as professionals? Analysis of the survey data will be available
later this year.

The two authors Mark Simmons, PhD, Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center at
the University of Texas at Austin (http://www.utexas.edu/opa/experts/profile.php?id=634)
and Christine Thuring (Chlorophyllocity) from the University of Sheffield
(http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/landscape/currentresearch/phdprofiles/thuring)
will also be available for a live discussion and chat through the upcoming
Green Roof Virtual Summit February 18th and March 6th.

See the short video and find a link to take the survey at:
http://dirt.asla.org/2013/02/11/new-survey-asks-how-can-cities-become-ecological/