[PCA] Web developer job at Calflora

Brusati, Elizabeth edbrusati at cal-ipc.org
Mon Feb 11 18:13:28 CST 2013

Calflora is an environmental nonprofit that serves information about wild plants in California via its website, calflora.org. We have over a decade's experience using database, web, and mobile tools to support the efforts of professional and citizen scientists, students, and conservationists to learn about, record, and share information about the locations of rare and native plants as well as the spread and control of exotic invasives.

We are seeking a web developer to join our small staff. The ideal candidate has a keen interest in the California environment, particularly its flora, combined with skills in the following areas: HTML/css/javascript, AJAX framework (e.g. Google Web Toolkit or Ruby on Rails), MySQL.

Other desirable qualifications:

- Skills in JAVA, GIS, MySQL spatial, PostGIS, MATLAB, R, and Access
- Knowledge about mobile app designing/building/testing for Android or iOS
- Botanical knowledge

Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply please send resume and cover letter to Cynthia Powell cpowell [at] calflora [dot] org.

--
Cynthia Powell
GIS Project Manager