[PCA] APP: Help needed to expand plant id iPhone app Leafsnap to western North America

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Fri Sep 21 12:59:59 CDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Calling all nature enthusiasts! We need your help to build the world’s
most comprehensive electronic field guide for plants. Our existing iPhone
app, Leafsnap<http://leafsnap.com/>, uses visual recognition software to
help identify tree species from photographs of their leaves. However, our
current database only includes trees in the Northeast U.S. Help us expand
that coverage by uploading images of tree leaves using the iNaturalist
app<http://www.inaturalist.org/projects/leafsnap> (available for both iOS
and Android devices). Detailed instructions for participating in this
exciting mobile crowdsourcing project are available here:
http://biotrackers.net/Leafsnap-Project/home.html