[PCA] 2012 Botany Symposium- Registration is OPEN and spaces are going fast!

Firestone, Chris K cfirestone at pa.gov
Thu Oct 18 08:42:37 CDT 2012

[cid:image001.png at 01CDAD14.E7A2A6C0]

2012 Pennsylvania Botany Symposium
November 9-10, 2012

Registration is filling fast for the inaugural Pennsylvania Botany Symposium at Powdermill Nature Reserve in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of western Pennsylvania! We hope you will register now and spread the word.  This great gathering of plant enthusiasts is only a few weeks away.  Don't miss out on your opportunity to be a part of this celebration of our botanical heritage!

Invited speakers will cover a variety of topics, including important recent field discoveries, early botany in North America, species interactions in a Pennsylvania forest, lichens of Pennsylvania, recovery of rare native plants after invasive species removal, and addressing the shortage of botanical capacity in academia and land management agencies.

Please join us for an informative program and opportunities to network with fellow plant enthusiasts.

Registration is limited!  Please visit our website for more information and to register at http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/plants/index.htm.

Apologies for cross-postings.

Chris Firestone | Wild Plant Program Manager
PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Bureau of Forestry
Tioga State Forest
One Nessmuk Lane | Wellsboro, PA  16901
Phone: 570-724-8149 | Fax: 570-724-6575