[PCA] FW: Meta Analysis on fire effects on vegetation and soils.

Ferriel, Roger D rferriel at blm.gov
Thu Nov 29 14:58:21 CST 2012

FYI

From: Ferriel, Jenifer L -FS [mailto:jlferriel at fs.fed.us]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:42 PM
To: Ferriel, Roger D
Subject: FW: Meta Analysis on fire effects on vegetation and soils.

From: Mellmann-Brown, Sabine -FS
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:40 PM
To: Ferriel, Jenifer L -FS; Carnwath, Gunnar -FS

Please be aware of the following publication, available as draft:

http://gbfiresci.squarespace.com/storage/docs/events/2012-11-28_FireEffects.pdf

This covers not only the real "Great Basin" but also semi arid shrub and grasslands in the Snake River and Columbia Plateau. The information is quite general, but it summarizes our knowledge to date and shows a huge gap in long term (> 5years) fire effects research. We actually have long term data and need to get it published somehow.
Sabine

Sabine Mellmann-Brown, Ph.D.
Area Ecologist
Malheur, Umatilla, & Wallowa-Whitman National Forests
1550 Dewey Avenue
Baker City, OR 97814
Office: (541) 523-1282
Cell: (541)519-4667