[PCA] Fw: New SOS call for proposals open - deadline June 22, 2012

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Wed May 9 08:02:35 CDT 2012

Hello,

Forwarding information on a call for proposals. Note that cycads are
mentioned! We have a few natives in the continental U.S., more in Puerto
Rico and Hawai'i, and certainly some highly endemic and particularly
threatened natives in Guam, etc.  So I encourage you to put on your
thinking caps for U.S. natives and submit a proposal.

Here's more info to go with the message below:

SOS provides two types of grants:

? Threatened Species Grants (25,000 to 800,000 $US) for which calls with
specific Strategic Directions are issued on a regular basis. Average
project size is expected to be 100,000 $US. Projects above 200,000 $US
will be awarded on an exceptional basis.

? Rapid Action Grants (up to 25,000 $US) available on an ongoing basis and
supporting conservation actions in case of emergency situations. These
grants will be awarded to support a special class of projects aimed at
addressing immediate threats that require targeted specific action, with
high chance of generating rapid positive results.

Deadline: June 22nd, 2012

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist, Division of Scientific Authority-US Fish & Wildlife
Service-International Affairs
Chair, Medicinal Plant Working Group-Plant Conservation Alliance
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

Promoting sustainable use and conservation of our native medicinal plants.

<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

Follow International Affairs
> on Twitter  http://twitter.com/USFWSInternatl
> on Facebook   http://www.facebook.com/USFWS_InternationalAffairs
----- Forwarded by Patricia De Angelis/ARL/R9/FWS/DOI on 05/09/2012 08:56
AM -----

IUCN SSC <IUCNSSC at iucn.org>
05/09/2012 06:44 AM

"De Angelis, Patricia" <Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov>
cc

Subject
New SOS call for proposals open

New SOS Call for Proposals Now Open

The second Call for Proposals for SOS - Save Our Species is now open.
SOS ? Save Our Species is a joint initiative of IUCN, the Global
Environment Facility and the World Bank supported by Nokia and the Fonds
français pour l?environnement mondial (FFEM). Its objective is to ensure
the long-term survival of threatened species and their habitats. Since its
launch in October 2010 in Nagoya, SOS has already funded 28 projects
targeting threatened mammals, birds and amphibians in more than 27
countries.

Applications for Threatened Species Grants will be accepted for the
following Strategic Directions:

·         Threatened tropical Asian vertebrates
·         Threatened small marine mammals
·         Threatened cycads
·         Threatened freshwater African animals

Detailed information for applicants, including eligibility criteria  and
application templates are on the SOS website.
http://www.sospecies.org/sos_projects/apply_for_a_grant/

With best regards
IUCN SSC

This communication, together with any attachment, may contain confidential
information and/or copyright material and is intended only for the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient
of this communication, you received it by error and you are asked to
please delete it and promptly notify us. Any review, copying, use,
disclosure or distribution of any part of this communication, unless duly
authorized by or on behalf of IUCN, is strictly forbidden.