[PCA] CONFERENCE: Call for Presentations & Posters: Wisconsin Wetlands Association Conference

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Tue Sep 27 09:57:08 CDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
We wanted you to know that the Wisconsin Wetlands Association 17th Annual
Conference, Urban Wetlands <http://wisconsinwetlands.org/2012conference.htm>
, is February 22-23, 2012 in Lake Geneva, WI.

In February, 2012, Wisconsin Wetlands Association will convene members of
the regional wetland community for our 17th Annual Wetland Conference to
discuss the latest in wetland science, management, restoration, and
protection issues around the conference theme, Urban Wetlands. This 2-day
conference will include topical oral sessions; a poster session; working
groups; a banquet with speaker; and wetland field trips to Lake Geneva-area
wetlands. Following more than a decade-long tradition, we anticipate that
this year's conference will contribute to a growing regional collaboration
for protecting and conserving Wisconsin's wetlands. More information can be
found on the conference website:
http://wisconsinwetlands.org/2012conference.htm

Call for Presentations and <http://wisconsinwetlands.org/2012CFP.htm>
Posters:

Wisconsin Wetlands Association invites you to submit an abstract for
presentation at our 17th Annual Wetland Conference. We seek proposals for
oral presentations or posters on wetland research, restoration, and
management projects. We welcome presentations on work done in all wetland
community types and from around the Midwest region, as long as the content
of the presentation applies to wetlands of Wisconsin. We especially
encourage submissions on these topics related to the theme, Urban Wetlands.
(By "Urban Wetlands," we mean wetlands in or near villages, cities, suburbs,
and areas with concentrated recreational development.)  We will also
consider presentations on general aspects of wetland ecology and management
and on work in non-urban environments. Themes for presentation submissions
include, but are not limited to, the following topics:

*         Landscape and habitat needs for wetland wildlife
*         Natural vs engineered wetland systems in urban environments
*         Stormwater benefits of and impacts to wetlands
*         Wetlands as green infrastructure
*         Development impacts on wetlands (what they are, how to measure,
how to abate)
*         Recreational impacts on wetlands
*         Urban hydrology and wetlands
*         Economic benefits of wetlands in an urban setting
*         Assessing and planning for wetland conservation
*         Protecting and managing wetlands in an urban context
*         Role of wetlands in hazard response and emergency management
*         Wildlife impacts on the wetlands landscape (deer herbivory,
beaver, edge species)
*         Controlling and managing the spread of invasive species
*         Citizen involvement in wetlands research, monitoring, and
stewardship
*         Significance of wetlands in southeast Wisconsin/the DesPlaines
river corridor
*         Case studies for how science was used in decision-making for
wetland protection and/or land use planning

Additional information can be found at:
http://wisconsinwetlands.org/2012CFP.htm

Deadline is November 21, 2011.

All abstract-related inquiries should be directed to Katie Beilfuss: (608)
250-9971 or  <mailto:programs at wisconsinwetlands.org> programs [at]
wisconsinwetlands.org.

General Conference <http://wisconsinwetlands.org/2012registration.htm>
Registration:

WWA invites wetland experts and enthusiasts from around the Midwest region
and beyond to join us for our 2012 conference.

Registration will begin in early November.
Early bird registration ends: January 21, 2012
Registration ends: February 22, 2012

Limited Student
<http://wisconsinwetlands.org/2012registration.htm#scholarships>
scholarships are available.

Please help us spread the word by forwarding the call for presentations to
your colleagues and associates.