[PCA] New online wildflower research literature database launches

Lisa Roberts flawildflowers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 15:27:11 CST 2011

Read this announcement online
<http://flawildflowers.org/resources/news/news%20coverage%202011/Lit_survey_
release_FINAL.pdf>

Florida Wildflower Foundation launches

online research literature database

The Florida Wildflower Foundation launched an online research literature
database of Florida wildflowers today that draws together findings on more
than 260 species. Funds for the project were provided by the Florida State
Wildflower license plate.

"This new tool provides research sources that can be used to protect and
preserve our native wildflower species," said Lisa Roberts, the foundation's
executive director. "Because many Florida species also occur elsewhere in
the Southeastern U.S., we expect wide interest in the database throughout
the region."

The collection, found at  <http://flawildflowers.org/Literature.php>
FlaWildflowers.org/Literature.php, is intended to give researchers,
botanists, the nursery industry, conservation scientists, instructors and
wildflower enthusiasts a resource that lets them easily find data on
specific species. They will be able to tailor searches in a variety of ways,
including using key words, authors' names, and article topic.

Each data entry provides a brief synopsis of the study or article featured,
along with links to records in national databases, including the USDA
library and scientific journals.

The Florida Wildflower Foundation intends to keep expanding the database,
which currently contains fewer than 10 percent of the state's native plants.
To recommend articles or make other suggestions, email
literature at FlaWildflowers.org.

The Florida Wildflower Foundation is a nonprofit organization based in
Maitland, Fla. Through programs that promote the use, availability and
advantages of native wildflowers, the Foundation is helping to curb water
use in landscapes, support pollinators that put food on our tables, reduce
water and air pollution, provide wildlife habitat, and maintain a healthy
environment for all. To learn more about its work, visit FlaWildflowers.org
<http://www.flawildflowers.org> .

 <http://flawildflowers.org/buy_it_here.html> tag

<http://www.facebook.com/facebook?ref=pf#/pages/Florida-Wildflower-Foundatio
n/73530443521?ref=ts> cid:image003.jpg at 01CA62EB.F9983960
<http://www.floridawildflowerfoundation.blogspot.com/>
cid:image004.jpg at 01CA62EB.F9983960 <http://twitter.com/flawildflowers>
cid:image005.jpg at 01CA62EB.F9983960

Florida Wildflower Foundation