[PCA] CONFERENCE: SER World COnference on Ecological Restoration (Merida, Mexico)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Mon Jun 6 08:30:51 CDT 2011

http://www.ser2011.org/

Society for Ecological Restoration
4th World COnference on Ecological Restoration
20th Annual Meeting of the Society
2nd Meeting of the Ibero-American and Caribbean Ecological Restoration
Network
Merida, Mexico
August 21-25, 2011

Re-establishing the Link between Nature and Culture

Conference Theme

The Mayans, renowned for their architectural, artistic, mathematical, and
scientific achievements, left us a series of gigantic stone monuments and
pyramids with precise astrological computations that reflect their
understanding of the symbiotic relationship between the earth and the
cosmos, and which many have interpreted as prophecies. The Mayans believed
that these celestial cycles coincided with the development of our
collective consciousness, and that the movements of the heavenly bodies
exert influences upon the earth.s biosphere. As we approach the last year
of the present great cycle (3113 BC -- 2012 AD) and enter the .Age of the
Fifth Sun., the planetary alignment on December 21, 2012 forecasts major
shifts in our evolution that afford us tremendous opportunities for the
renewal and restoration of harmony between nature and culture.

Early Registration

The Society for Ecological Restoration is pleased to open online Early
Registration for the 4th World Conference on Ecological Restoration.
Participants are encouraged to register early and take advantage of
significant discounts. Please note that SER members will receive an
additional discount of up to $100 on registration fees.

See the website for more information.