[PCA] FW: Draft green building code contains requirements regarding native & invasive plants: Comments due May 14

Randall, John L jrandall at email.unc.edu
Mon May 10 13:00:51 CDT 2010

I agree with Steve that native plants should not be required, but it should be pointed out that if, for example, Lepidopteran host plants are desired, then natives are necessary...  There are also, of course, other benefits of natives....

Perhaps it would be possible to include language "requiring" that any non-natives not be listed as invasive by the particular state Exotic Pest Plant/Invasive Species Council, Native Plant Society, or whatever group manages the state invasive plant list.

Johnny