[PCA] WEB: Plants for the Planet (fwd)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Jul 7 09:26:32 CDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Dear Plant Conservation Community!

On the 14 June BGCI launched a new on-line campaign to generate public
support for plant conservation. Entitled Plants for the Planet, the
campaign is beginning to gain significant momentum.

Our aim is to gather signatures from people around the world in order to
persuade governments to adopt an updated Global Strategy for Plant
Conservation at the next Conference of the Parties to the Convention on
Biological Diversity (CBD). We plan to use support for the campaign to send
a strong message to the Conference that countries must act now to halt
plant extinction.

The website www.plantsfortheplanet.com  is now live and we invite you to
pledge your personal support. It only takes a few seconds to register on
the site and there is an option for you to do this anonymously if you
prefer.

We would be grateful if you could spread the word amongst your friends,
colleagues, networks and partners and encourage them to sign-up as well.
Most importantly perhaps, we would like you to help us promote Plants for
the Planet to your visitors and supporters.

If interested, I can send you the PlantsforthePlanet logo. I would be very
grateful if this could be incorporated on to the homepage of your website
with the link to the campaign. We would also welcome your suggestions as to
how the campaign could be further communicated and promoted. Please do
email me back with your ideas!

Many thanks in advance for your help and support.

Very best regards

Per Bogstad
Head of Development
Per.bogstad at bgci.org

+44 (0)20 8332 5952

Have you pledged your support for plant conservation yet?  Visit
www.plantsfortheplanet.com now to sign your name!

Plants for the Planet