[PCA] NEWS: Remembering Les Mehrhoff

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Tue Dec 28 08:54:01 CST 2010

http://darwin.eeb.uconn.edu/uncommon-ground/2010/12/remembering-les-mehrhoff.html

Remembering Les Mehrhoff
By Kent Holsinger

I first met Les Mehrhoff almost 25 years ago, when I interviewed for my
current job at the University of Connecticut. He and Greg Andeson picked
me up for breakfast one morning. We talked about plant systematics over
eggs and bacon at Friendly's. I remember thinking to myself at the time,
"Wow! This guy has an incredible knowledge of natural history. There
aren't many people like him." After I got to UConn I soon learned that I
was wrong. There wasn't anyone like him.

See the link above for the full blog entry text.