[PCA] AGPA plant conservation workshop: project driven networking 6-1-2010 (Atlanta, GA)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Apr 21 19:43:10 CDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:01:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jennifer Ceska <jceska at uga.edu>
Subject: AGPA plant conservation wkshop: project driven networking 6-1-2010

The American Public Gardens Association national conference is hosting a one day, pre-conference workshop, June 1, 2010, at the Atlanta Botanical Garden.

Subject - Creating state-based project driven plant conservation networks

http://www.publicgardens.org/

Threading Green with Gossamer:
Creating a Project-Driven
Conservation Network within
Your State

Presenters: Members of the Georgia Plant Conservation Alliance - including representatives from state and federal agencies, students and professors, ecologists and botanists, volunteers, powerline right-of-way land holders...!

Hosts: Jim Affolter and Jennifer Ceska, Plant
Conservation Program, The State Botanical Garden
of Georgia; Jennifer Cruse-Sanders, Conservation and
Research, Atlanta Botanical Garden; Mincy Moffett,
Nongame Conservation Section, Georgia Department
of Natural Resources

8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
Atlanta Botanical Garden
$25, transportation, via MARTA, and lunch are
on your own (if you need a ride to and from, let us know at jceska at uga.edu and we'll work something out for you)

Members of the Georgia Plant Conservation Alliance
will present a roadmap for creating an effective
statewide conservation network. See how simple it is
to start a similar partnership in your state. The
workshop will include tours led by Atlanta Botanical
Garden’s expert staff of the Atlanta Botanical Garden’s
conservation collections and laboratories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jennifer Ceska
Conservation Coordinator
State Botanical Garden of Georgia

2450 S. Milledge Ave.
Athens, GA  30605
706-542-6448
fax 2-3091

www.uga.edu/botgarden
www.uga.edu/gpca
www.epsn.org

Poet Brian Andreas:   Spider Princess
If I was a spider princess, she said, I would spin webs the color of sky & catch drops of sunlight to give to children who watch too much TV & then everyone would remember to come outside to play. If I was a spider princess, she said, things would be different.