[PCA] CONFERENCE: WHC Ecosystem Services Conference

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Mon Apr 12 11:44:45 CDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
                     WHC Ecosystem Services Conference -
   A New Generation in Restoration: Strategies for Managing Corporate and
                                Public Lands

June 24th-25th, 2010
Crowne Plaza Hotel
Silver Spring, MD
ecosystemservices at wildlifehc.org
www.wildlifehc.org/events/ecosystemservices.cfm

Make Your Ecosystem Connection!

 Have you ever wondered how healthy ecosystems relate to a healthy economy?
As humans, we both rely and heavily impact the ecosystems just by going
about our everyday lives. Some benefits associated with healthy ecosystems
are obvious, such as clean water, wildlife habitat, aesthetics, and
recreational value. However others, such as pollination services, flood
control, thermal regulation, and carbon sequestration often go overlooked.
Join the Wildlife Habitat Council (WHC) and others at our interactive
Ecosystem Services Conference - A New Generation in Restoration: Strategies
for Managing Corporate and Public Lands, on June 24th - 25th, 2010 to make
the connection between properly managing ecosystems for biodiversity and
improving your operations, land planning, and financial bottom line.
Stakeholders represent industry, community, and government regulators will
be on hand to share their knowledge of how ecosystems and biodiversity
relate to maintaining and improving our quality of life.

Be part of this innovative forum on discussing how WHC and its partners can
help you do your part to incorporate ecosystem service strategies in to
your future property plans. We hope to see you there!

For the most up to date list of speakers please visit the conference
website.

Register Online!
WHC's  Ecosystem Services Conference will be here before you know it! Sign
up now to beat the early bird deadline. Rates increase after May 7th, 2010.

The Wildlife Habitat Council is a nonprofit, non-lobbying organization
dedicated to increasing the quality and amount of wildlife habitat on
corporate, private and public lands. WHC devotes its resources to building
partnerships with corporations and conservation groups to create solutions
that balance the demands of economic growth with the requirements of a
healthy, biodiverse and sustainable environment. http://www.wildlifehc.org