[PCA] Coping with the Costs: an invasive insects symposium at The Morton Arboretum

Megan Dunning MDunning at mortonarb.org
Tue Sep 8 14:42:06 CDT 2009

Are you interested in responding to rapidly growing invasive insect
populations?  Make sure you mark the date for this upcoming conference
where you can receive innovative solutions from local and national
experts on how to combat invasive pests that are attacking your trees.

What:  Coping with the Costs: The Economic, Social, and Environmental
Impact of Invasive Insects on our Communities Two-day Symposium
Where: The Morton Arboretum in Lisle, Illinois. 25 miles west of
Chicago
When: September 29-30, 2009

Who: Public works directors, city planners, green industry
representatives, green organization members, land owners, and interested
citizens
Why:
Receive strategies from local and national experts on how to prepare
for invasive insects  Receive tools on long-term management and
restoration Gain advice on public and private landowner outreach Network
with officials and local and national environmental experts

To see the full list of speakers and topics, please visit our website:
http://www.mortonarb.org/adult-programs/seminars-a-workshops.html. A
conference brochure is also attached; please do pass it on to others who
might be interested.

Register now  (
http://www.peopleware.net/index.cfm?siteID=214&eventDisp=FA09SEM
) and take control of invasive insects!

"Coping with the Costs: The Economic, Social, and Environmental Impact
of Invasive Insects on our Communities" is presented by The Morton
Arboretum, the U.S. Forest Service, Purdue University, and other
partners.
Megan Dunning

Head of Education
The Morton Arboretum